You need no ticket to make a place for yourself here where humor, black and otherwise, comes to you from the stage where the human comedy itself is being played, its performance trumping the things dark and tragic and found in the world of literature.
A Final Roundup of Tom Swifties!
"And actually, I’m just going to re-post this whole damn submission from J.D. Finch":
* “It’s so nice to see Minnie, Mickey and Donald here,” said Tom goofily.
* “That’s the last time I’ll listen to a damn thing that Bader Ginsburg woman says,” said Tom ruthlessly.
* “Wow, you’d think she would have accepted, seeing as how I was offering her a diamond as big as the Ritz,” said Tom cuttingly.
* “OK, so here’s the thing. It’s a great game and all, but I think that the competition really gets to people and I have seen friendships end because of it. I’m not saying it happened to me, don’t get me wrong, I just wanted to let you know where I stand so we’re on the same page about Scrabble, OK?” said Tom wordily.
* “There’s no doubt about it, the murder weapon is this pick,” said Tom icily.
* “I just took a Jack London book out of the library,” said Tom doggedly.
* “I think I’ll put some nudie pics up on this bulletin board,” said Tom tackily.
* “J.D. Salinger is dead,” said Tom wryly.
* “Yes, I use Viagra. Why do you ask?” said Tom stiffly.
From Jen Dziura at Jenisfamous.com