Pale Blue Auto-Mobile
You need no ticket to make a place for yourself here where humor, black and otherwise, comes to you from the stage where the human comedy itself is being played, its performance trumping the things dark and tragic and found in the world of literature.
Friday, January 19, 2007
 
Tell It Brother!
Review of Jeffrey Thomas's Punktown at Bookgasm

"And it’s a love that admittedly sways quite often. I get burnt out on the genre, more than any other. Too many books rely on so many formulas that have been reiterated over and over again. I don’t want books about quests for technological treasures or altered timelines with dragons or square-jawed smugglers fucking alien princesses. They bore me. Give me dystopic futures, alternate histories or explorations of alien worlds that don’t tell a story as much as they go into great depth about the social and historical aspects of said alien world. Those are the science fiction books that matter to me."

Louis Fowler
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
”I