Pale Blue Auto-Mobile
You need no ticket to make a place for yourself here where humor, black and otherwise, comes to you from the stage where the human comedy itself is being played, its performance trumping the things dark and tragic and found in the world of literature.
Friday, August 12, 2005
 
Hunter S. Thompson...

I'm trying to wrangle an invitation to the Woody Creek memorial to HST.

The ULA has a lot of his spirit within it: we're sort of next generation gonzos and one of us should be there to contribute a reading in the spirit of...

And I've got the perfect musical interlude to hit the perfect note in what will be a sad, but transcendent day.
 
Comments:
Well, they did not take the bait, and I never made it to the memorial of the great literary shark, Hunter. Perhaps it was because I wasn't his chum, or that my line (about his spirit being found in many a ULA'er) wasn't strong enough, or perhaps the idea just sank to the bottom of this cyber-ocean and I can't carry on this stupid fishing metaphor any longer, but thanks for the post and the poem.

At least I got a picture up, so we can all see HST making an ash of himself one last time. Now, I must be gone (zoed).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
”I